Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WORK!?!

After sitting home for two months I was finally approved by FedEx! Brandon and I left for my first run on Aug 27th, our destination was Memphis, Tennessee. Once we got there we stayed the night and had a little bit of time to check out Beale Street. The next morning we got sent to Denver, Colorado from there they sent us straight home. I was excited to be going home especially since it was Sunday and all my family was getting together for dinner. As soon as we got to Salt Lake we got turned right back around to Nashville, Tennessee. On our way there we got to stop and have dinner with Noelle and Randall in Manhattan, Kansas. It was great to see Noelle and it was nice to take a break from the truck. When we got to Nashville I was hoping to be able to do some sight seeing, but nope, we got turned right around to Lenexa, Kansas. From there we got sent to Portland, Oregon. On our way to Portland we stopped in Boise, Idaho and had lunch with Anna and her girls. From Oregon we went to Sacramento, California. In Sac we got to go stay the night at Brandon's Mom's house. It was wonderful to get to take a nice shower, sleep in a real bed, and visit with family. After Sac we got to come home! Over all, we drove in and out of 31 states, a lot of the same states though, and 8,854 miles in the 10 days we where gone. It was hard to be away from home, but the time when by fast and we love the fact that we get to be together 24-7. Plus it doesn't really feel like we are working. Its definitely more exhausting than I thought, but it still isn't a hard job.


Time to hit the road!


The first evening I drove it was raining bugs


Mississippi River


We made it!




This was the pretties place we have driven through so far, Glenwood Springs, CO.



Me and Noelle


Branson, Me, Noelle & Randall


Anna's girls on our top bunk





Portland


Shasta Lake in northern CA, I thought it looked like Lake Powell


Brandon & Mason

No comments: